This is a safe space / support circle for the exchange of ideas and experiences on contemporary issues for (self-identified) women from an anti-racist perspective.
Initial suggestions for things we would like to do with the sisters’ initiative include:
– A reading group (Assata Shakur, Maya Angelou, bell hooks and others)
– Watching and discussing documentaries / films
– Giving presentations about different topics to each other
– Discussions / learning about topics (Feminism, institutional racism, colonialism, gender based discrimination and violence, women’s rights ..etc)
– Health and well-being (healthy eating, healing)
– Information sharing and networking
Once the initiative progresses, we can amend/add to the above according to the groups needs.
If you’d like to attend our monthly meetings, please send a request to join the Facebook group.