Reading Film. Thinking Film. Engaging Film.
“Changing how we see images is clearly one way to change the world.”
bell hooks, Reel to Real: Race, Sex, and Class at the Movies
REEL OFF FILM NIGHTS, is a fortnightly film night during which we will focus on film as a medium to challenge our perceptions and inspire us to actively pursue social change.
The aims of our film events are:
- To further enhance knowledge of particular subjects
- To improve critical ways of thinking about film as education and catalyst for action
- Meeting like minded people in an informal atmosphere
- To improve our media literacy
Our film nights are designed to be shaped by you and we invite you all to select and present a film. These can be films and documentaries that include, but are not limited to issues such as:
- Identity, culture and representation
- (Post)Colonialism Inequality
- Social movements
- Political systems
- Social justice
- Popular aesthetics